Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Tales of Beedle the Bard

Have you noticed I'm in a row of posting!?!?... lol~ Three days straight baby! ;) Anyways, I bought a book before Christmas at Costco. I finally had a chance to read it.
Title: The Tales of Beedle the Bard
Author: J.K. Rowling

Price: $7.06 at Costco ($12.99 price on the back)

Description on the back: THE TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD, a Wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers' attention in the book known as HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger's new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J.K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. Never before have Muggles been privy to these richly imaginative tales: "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot," "The Fountain of Fair Fortune," "The Warlock's Hairy Heart," "Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump," and of course, "The Tale of the Three Brothers." But not only are they the equal of fairy tales we now know and love, reading them gives new insight into the world of Harry Potter.

My thoughts: I really did enjoy reading the five different stories. They're like fairy tales like Cinderella to us humans, muggles, but fitting to the wizarding world! :) My favorite has to be "The Fountain of Fair Fortune." If you're expecting thick Harry Potter books, then you're mistaken. It's an easy read that you can read in one sitting. It only has 107 pages!!!

I also took a picture of the inside of the book so you guys can see it.
On the right is how Albus Dumbledore's comments look after each story.

Pros:
* Interesting stories.
* Albus Dumbledore comments after each stories.
* You can relate more to the Harry Potter series.
* Great addition to Harry Potter freaks.

Cons:
* The book is way too short.
* Some of the stories you can conclude what will happen.

Rating: 4/5 Tobey's Paws

credit: Amazon

11 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I love it that you're posting again, I hope whatever's keeping you busy on the last part of 2008 is ok :)

thanks for the book review!

paperdollrevenge said...

Aww how cute! I love getting books at Costco, the prices are super marked down! =P

I miss the Harry Potter craze, hehe. Can't wait to see what Ms. Rowling comes up with next!

Lily said...

oh so that's what the the book is about! i was at borders one night and they were announcing the release at midnight. i think i'll look into reading this book since i loved the harry potter series!

Unknown said...

I got that book right before Christmas as well and that story is my most favorite in the book. "The Hairy Heart" is very Edgar Allan Poe, I think. That book is really nice! Thanks for posting!

sab said...

i am a Harry Potter freak! i would've love to check this book out! :)

Anonymous said...

you are on a roll!
hurray :)
anyway so its a pretty decent read huh?! im still annoyed with her from her last HP book...so im delaying reading this. guess i should really do it soon though...i do miss it :P

paperdollrevenge said...

No way! I don't know how to take sexy/gorgeous eye photos like you do! When you get the same palette, you'll put me to shame hehe. You could rub crayon wax on your eyes and still make it look so gorgeous I'd buy it! =P I need more makeup skills like you!!

P.S. Guess what? Last month I did the same thing as you...went to MAC store wanting Smokey Eyes palette, was told the Warm Eyes was better for me, got Warm, then got Smokey and returned Warm! lol

Anonymous said...

thank you maam and umm...still waiting on those swatches. lol. my sister has this book. she said it's reallllllllly good. i should borrow it from her!

Anonymous said...

no woman. swatches tomorrow. lol. jp.

Anonymous said...

ugh, im in LOVE with the MSF's...so i put in an order for so ceylon and got the 187.
except i need to put in another order to get my mom her liner and her brow brush. the one that she was using, is now 15 years old! mac lasts forever! lol so i guess its an investment in the MSF. i want another one of them, but gotta sleep on it :P
do you know what category you want things in at least? i didn't, so it took me a while to narrow it down

fuzkittie said...

I saw this and wanted to pick it up! Now I definitely will. Or maybe I'll go sit in B&N for a half a day and read it, hahahaa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...